The Markerland Resort: an Introduction
Hello everyone. I am MGM, not Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer, a different MGM. This here is a blog about my theme park resort, Markerland. This is my dream park, something I've been working on for a long time. Although the location isn't set in stone yet, I'm considering having it in San Diego, the city you see in the top picture.
Now just a little history, I started conceiving the idea when I was 9 or 10, even drew a Disneyland-like map of it. My main motivation was Disneyland, and its map was very similar to it. The main premise was that the park would be like Disney, but instead of movies, all of the rides would be based on video games. I had eight lands, which were actually very similar to Disneyland. There was Main Entrance Street, basically the area you walk in from, Worldland, an area themed to places all around the world, Riverland, an area themed to the country and the wild west, Magmaland, an area themed to jungle exploration, Los Vegas Road, themed to Las Vegas, Animal Avenue, an area themed to animals, Buffalo's Shotup Studio, an area themed to the Buffalo video game franchise, something I created, and Hollywood, and finally, Yesterdayland, an area themed to time travel.
As I grew older, I became more interested in the film industry. Also, I wanted some more originality, so I discarded most of the video game-based rides and replaced them with rides based off of my self-thought films. I even built the entire park on Minecraft, which was not entirely like the original draft, pretty far, in fact. I found the theme of Worldland difficult to work with, since its theme basically ties into other lands as well. I also found the name of Magmaland misleading, since there was no magma. Because of this, I renamed the areas Legendland and Mysteryland, which I felt suited the themes more. I re-themed the former to world mythology, most specifically European and Middle Eastern. The centerpiece of Markerland was changed from the St. Louis Arch to an Arabian Palace. I also re-themed Shotup Studio to Buffalo's Teletown, but that was unsatisfying to me. I ended up discarding the area in the end. I also found Las Vegas Road's attractions not closely themed at all to Las Vegas. It had rides based on pirates, American presidents, and supernatural beings, so I got rid of that and re-themed it to Miami Road, which was based off of early Twentieth Century Miami, which made the pirate attractions fit a little better. However, I have recently looked at it and see that it's a total rip-off of Disneyland, so I decided to change it up to the Markerland I will tell you about.
I also decided that there would be a sequel park. I originally envisioned it as a park called Marker's Hollywood Expedition, themed to Hollywood, Video Games, and there was a Yoshi-themed area, and for some reason, a Mount Everest-themed area too. However, this just didn't work out for me so I re-imagined it as something else. When I stumbled across Tokyo Disneysea in 2016, which was part of a foreign Disney Park search after Shanghai's Disneyland opened, I praised its concept. I decided that like that place, there'd be a Markersea. This park would be split into seven nautical-themed ports. There was Polynesian Port, a Polynesian-themed area, New England Harbor, themed to New York, Asian Coast, themed to East Asia, Boardwalk Bay, a classic dockside Amusement park area, Skylands, an area themed to the Skylanders video game series, Frozen Waterfront, an Arctic area, and finally, Magic World, themed to a film called Mylee: the Magic World, a film based on a dream my sister Mialee had a long time ago. However, I have newer ideas for better seaside themes, such as Victorian England and an area based on a series of mine. The future of Markersea is still in the works.
I originally planned Markerland to be in Salt Lake, but I wanted it to be open all year-round. I decided to place it in California since that's where a lot of theme park empires put their first park. I didn't want it in the Los Angeles area, because it would compete with Disney too much. I eventually thought of having it in San Diego, which is its current planned location now.
I also planned there to be a shopping district, which had an original draft to close to Disney Springs and was still based off video games. I am developing that one right now, but haven't planned it out at all yet.
This is what Markerland resort will include:
Markerland Park
Marksersea Park
A water park
A shopping district
4 hotels.
Each of the following will be discussed in their own pages.

I love how you walked us through the whole process of where they dead began and how they changed/developed as you changed/developed over the years. So cool! It’s so interesting to know your thoughts and the backstory.
ReplyDelete